Electronics engineer working in a multi-discipline development team responsible for the design and development of systems and accessories for medical research.
Duties and responsibilities
- Taking designs from concept and specification, through the schematic entry and PCB design, prototyping and validation, development of test procedures and test jigs, to production release
- Management of external EMS providers
- Apply accepted technology concepts as well as being able to identify the use of new methodologies and technologies to projects and problems, implementing creative ideas based on customer needs.
- Manage multiple projects, ensuring project goals are achieved with respect to safety, quality, cost according to plan.
- Provide support to the manufacturing facility.
- Perform component obsolescence analysis for product longevity.
- Generate technical documentation throughout the design process, for internal and external use following current best practices. This includes CAD drawings of the physical design of the electronics circuit boards/enclosures and the production of information required for board layouts.
Skills and experience required:
Degree in Electronics Engineering
Minimum three years relevant experience
Proven track record in digital and analog electronic hardware design:
Digital circuit design and fault finding
- Designing with PLDs / FPGAs with VHDL or Verilog
- Embedded design with microcontrollers.
- Familiar with serial buses and interfacing standards (SPI, I2C, CAN, USB).
- Knowledge of embedded software development (C/C++, Git desirable)
- Control/driving of stepper motors and solenoids.
Experience in CAD systems
- Schematic capture
- Simple PCB layout
- 2D draughting
Experience working in a multidisciplinary project team.
Good communication skills
Design for manufacture
Analog circuit design and fault finding
Experience working with light detectors (PMT, APD) and temperature sensors.
Experience in simulation tools
Find out more and apply at HR@photophysics.com — we look forward to hearing from you!
We realise that success is all about our people. At Applied Photophysics we take your career growth and personal development as seriously as your contributions to the development and growth of our company. Our mission is to deliver high quality, high performance solutions and world-class support to the scientific research and biopharmaceutical development communities. We count on a group of highly talented people who are the best at what they do. At Applied Photophysics we value diversity, we value ideas, we value innovation, and we value you.
Our commitment to you:
- opportunities to learn and develop in your job
- managers who will support you and help you to give 100%
- join a dynamic, experienced and dedicated workforce
- fair pay and benefits to reward you for your contribution