Field Applications Specialist
Applied Photophysics is a leading provider of systems and accessories for the biophysical characterization of biomolecules. Headquartered in Leatherhead, Surrey, UK, the Company has been established for more than 40 years.
Applied Photophysics & Protein Stable is a growing UK-based company looking to recruit a Field and Applications Specialist for the UK and Europe. Primarily a field-based role, with travel as needed, the focus will be the pre-sales and post-sales support of new and existing customers. The FAS will engage with scientists, run demos, provide exceptional support, technical insight, and act as the customer's voice. Ultimately the FAS will be a key technical differentiator, primarily to scientifically establish the instrumentation offerings by APL & PS as first choice solutions. The FAS will need a deep technical understanding of both the products and the customer needs/workflows and be able to communicate detailed information simply and clearly. Excellent presentation skills and technical objection handling skills will be vital to the role. The ideal candidate must be willing to travel and have a strong biophysical background. At minimum, the candidate must have a PhD in protein biochemistry or a closely related subject and experience working with proteins, peptides, or RNA. Although this role is technical excellent people skills are critical to bringing success to the role.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive new sales through technical knowledge of instrumentation.
- Manage both demos and sample analysis
- Maintain contact with the install base
- Act as the customer voice for new developments
- Contribute to the creation and drive new commercial technical material
- Proactively engage customers and promote technical features.
Essential skill and experience:
- PhD in a relevant subject
- Willingness to travel approx. 50% within the UK/EU.
- Full driving license
- Excellent communicator and listening skills
Find out more and apply at HR@photophysics.com — we look forward to hearing from you!
We realise that success is all about our people. At Applied Photophysics we take your career growth and personal development as seriously as your contributions to the development and growth of our company. Our mission is to deliver high quality, high performance solutions and world-class support to the scientific research and biopharmaceutical development communities. We count on a group of highly talented people who are the best at what they do. At Applied Photophysics we value diversity, we value ideas, we value innovation, and we value you.
Our commitment to you:
- opportunities to learn and develop in your job
- managers who will support you and help you to give 100%
- join a dynamic, experienced and dedicated workforce
- fair pay and benefits to reward you for your contribution