Field Sales and Applications Specialist
Applied Photophysics (including the Protein Stable brand) is currently realizing significant growth and is looking to recruit a Field Sales and Applications Specialist for the UK and Europe. Primarily a field-based role, with travel as needed, the focus will be the pre-sales and post-sales support of new and existing customers.
Proactively, the FSA will engage with scientists, manage demos, provide exceptional support, technical insight, and act like the customer voice working collectively with product management. Ultimately the FSA will be a key technical differentiator in the sales process, primarily to scientifically establish the instrumentation offering’s by APL & PS as first choice solutions. The FSA will need a deep technical understanding of both the products and the customers’ needs/workflows and be able to communicate detailed information simply and clearly.
Excellent presentation skills and technical objections handling skills will be vital to the role. The ideal candidate must be willing to travel frequently and have a strong biophysical background with at least 3 years’ experience in a customer-facing role in capital equipment sales.
At a minimum, the candidate must have a Ph.D. in protein biochemistry or a closely related subject and experience working with proteins, peptides, or RNA. This role is going to be key to the new commercial direction of APL and PS where customer centricity and focus are of paramount importance. Although this role is technical in nature a strong commercial awareness, with excellent people skills is critical to bringing success to the role and the successful applicant will work closely with the Sales Managers and Applications specialist whose activities will complement each other.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive new sales through technical knowledge of instrumentation.
- Manage both demos and sample analysis.
- Maintain contact with the install base.
- Act as the customer voice for new developments
- Contribute to the creation and drive of new commercial technical material.
- Proactively engage customers and promote technical features.
- Through engagement with the customer and sales, ensure that technical aspects of the sales process are correct, and that tender specs offerings are maximally competitive, with clear features and benefits promoted.
- Willingness to travel 60%
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 3 years in commercial capital equipment technical or sales role
- Ph.D. in a relevant subject
- Full driving license
- Excellent communicator
Find out more and apply at HR@photophysics.com — we look forward to hearing from you!
We realise that success is all about our people. At Applied Photophysics we take your career growth and personal development as seriously as your contributions to the development and growth of our company. Our mission is to deliver high quality, high performance solutions and world-class support to the scientific research and biopharmaceutical development communities. We count on a group of highly talented people who are the best at what they do. At Applied Photophysics we value diversity, we value ideas, we value innovation, and we value you.
Our commitment to you:
- opportunities to learn and develop in your job
- managers who will support you and help you to give 100%
- join a dynamic, experienced and dedicated workforce
- fair pay and benefits to reward you for your contribution