Sales and Applications Manager- Germany
Applied Photophysics (APL) is a growing UK-based company looking to recruit a Sales and Applications Manager (SAM) for Germany, to support both APL and Protein Stable (PSL). This is a field-based role, with travel as needed, the SAM will create new opportunities and drive sales within the assigned territory (Germany & Other). The SAM will be required to engage with the existing install base, ensuring future business retention, and new customers to provide technology-driven solutions to scientists. The SAM must be able to understand key technical features, the benefits of the APL and PSL products, and their “real-world” value to ultimately ensure that our products are the first-choice solution. The ideal candidate should have extensive commercial knowledge of both the biophysical academic and bio-pharmaceutical markets in Germany, with wider EU experience an advantage. The SAM will need to communicate technical information clearly, simply, and capture relevant concise information into the CRM daily. As this role is critical to the new "customer-centric" APL direction, the SAM will also act as the voice of the scientists and support new/existing product development and launches e.g., through the creation of territory events, collaborations, partnerships with KOL, customer needs/feedback and alternate supplier benchmark information. The successful candidate will be self-driven, reliable, proactive, with excellent time management skills. Although not required a PhD, in a relevant field, would be advantageous as the SAM will need to be able to offer basic support and demo the SUPR-CM.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive sales and create new opportunities
- Manage assigned territory activities and maintain the CRM
- Drive wider adoption of new products and core products
- Ability to create leads and generate new business
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Maintain contact with the install base
- Act as the customer voice for marketing needs
- Proactively engage customers and promote technical features
Essential skill and experience:
- MSC/PhD in a relevant subject, or 3-5 years equivalent experience in sales/applications
- Additional minimum 5 years sales experience in Biophysical Instrumentation
- Willingness to travel to meet the business needs within assigned territory.
- Excellent communicator and listening skills
Find out more and apply at HR@photophysics.com — we look forward to hearing from you!
We realise that success is all about our people. At Applied Photophysics we take your career growth and personal development as seriously as your contributions to the development and growth of our company. Our mission is to deliver high quality, high performance solutions and world-class support to the scientific research and biopharmaceutical development communities. We count on a group of highly talented people who are the best at what they do. At Applied Photophysics we value diversity, we value ideas, we value innovation, and we value you.
Our commitment to you:
- opportunities to learn and develop in your job
- managers who will support you and help you to give 100%
- join a dynamic, experienced and dedicated workforce
- fair pay and benefits to reward you for your contribution