Senior Electronics Engineer
Applied Photophysics is a leading provider of systems and accessories for the biophysical characterization of biomolecules. Headquartered in Leatherhead, Surrey, UK, the Company has been established for more than 40 years.
The Senior electronics engineer leads a small electronics team of two, working in a multi discipline development team responsible for the design and development of systems and accessories for medical research.
Duties and responsibilities
- Taking designs from concept and specification, through schematic entry and PCB design, prototyping and validation, development of test procedures and test jigs, to production release.
- Management of external EMS providers.
- Lead the electronics department strategic direction.
- Manage multiple projects, ensuring project goals are achieved with respect to safety, quality, cost according to plan.
- Maintain a learning culture within the team to enable continually improving individual and collective performance.
- Apply accepted technology concepts as well as being able to identify the use of new methodologies and technologies to projects and problems, implementing creative ideas based on customer needs.
- Provide support to manufacturing facility.
- Perform component obsolescence analysis for product longevity.
- Generate technical documentation throughout the design process, for internal and external use following current best practices. This includes CAD drawings of the physical design of the electronics circuit boards / enclosures, and production of information required for board layouts.
Essential skill and experience:
Degree in Electronics Engineering.
Minimum five years relevant experience.
Proven track record in digital & analogue electronic hardware design:
- Designing with PLDs / FPGAs (Altera preferred but could be with other device families).
- Embedded design with DSP processors and micro controllers.
- Familiar with serial buses and interfacing standards (SPI, I2C, CAN, USB).
- Knowledge of embedded software development (C/C++ desirable).
Experience with designing for EMC and safety standards.
Experience of CAD systems, CadStar/eCadStar preferred.
Experience in multidisciplinary projects.
A high level of written and spoken English.
Experience working with light detectors (PMT, APD) and temperature sensors.
Experience of simulation tools.
AnalogOperational amplifier circuits. Designing with Analog-to-Digital converters (16 ~ 18 bits @ 1MSPS). Digital-to-analogue converters to 16 bits. Control / driving of stepper motors and solenoids.
Find out more and apply at HR@photophysics.com — we look forward to hearing from you!
We realise that success is all about our people. At Applied Photophysics we take your career growth and personal development as seriously as your contributions to the development and growth of our company. Our mission is to deliver high quality, high performance solutions and world-class support to the scientific research and biopharmaceutical development communities. We count on a group of highly talented people who are the best at what they do. At Applied Photophysics we value diversity, we value ideas, we value innovation, and we value you.
Our commitment to you:
- opportunities to learn and develop in your job
- managers who will support you and help you to give 100%
- join a dynamic, experienced and dedicated workforce
- fair pay and benefits to reward you for your contribution