Based From: Home office – NorthEast preferred
Reports to: President, the Americas
Direct Reports: None
Job Objective: To develop a high level of sales of the company’s products in the Territory, through a professional and ethical sales approach, ensuring the successful application of the products to customers’ research. Thereby, strengthening the company’s relationships with key customers and leaders in academia/industry and encouraging them to view the company as the preferred supplier of solutions for their work involving the biophysical characterisation of biomolecules
Territory: North East
- Responsible for delivering profitable sales of the company’s products and service plans to academic and industrial accounts through a professional, consultative selling approach, resulting in exceeding or achieving the sales targets.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective and timely preparation of quotations, tenders and bids for products and services, and ensuring they’re actively followed up in a timely fashion.
- Drive the development and support of strong relationships with key customers and leaders in the territory, contributing to a customer “Evangelist Program” to help drive market awareness through reference users.
- Develop, coordinate and implement targeted sales, marketing and field activities in the territory to actively drive the business forward.
- Ensure that all sales activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the Company, and are at all times legal, compliant, ethical, respectful, and in the best interests of both the Company and customers.
- Ensure the effective customisation of marketing activities in the territory.
- Actively organise demonstrations and the running of customer samples, plus organise and run seminars, mini exhibitions and similar “on-site” activities at key accounts, technology symposia and congresses in the territories.
- Follow up enquiries from customers for further information on how the Company’s products and service plans can help them in their research and actively progress these enquiries through the sales pipeline.
- Through the effective use of consultative sales & marketing techniques, actively convert leads to opportunities to purchases of the Company’s products and service plans.
- Gather customer and technical information to aid the effective targeting of sales & marketing activities and product pricing.
- Track, record and log relevant information from all technical and sales enquiries from customers and prospective customers into the CRM system to ensure effective follow up of customers pre & post sale.
- Responsible for the quality of the information in the CRM system for the territory.
- Work together with other departments to provide high quality, effective pre & post sale technical support to customers and prospective customers in the territory thorough knowledge of the company’s products and effective communication of applications related to these products
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and territory status reports as required.
- Monitor the competition and report important activities (products & technical developments, trends in the market, seminars, training sessions etc.).
- Coordinate visits to customers for other purposes such as seed or beta sites, focus groups, vendor exhibitions and technology development.
- Receive training and provide technical and commercial support on new products and related applications.
· Travel within the assigned territory and other regions as needed to fulfil the job role and achieve the Company’s objectives.
· Be a proactive and positive member of the sales team, contributing to its overall professional management, development and operations.
· Provide back up to other departments/ groups as necessary.
· Develop and provide training courses as required.
· Assist in group projects as required
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements:
· BSc in life sciences or chemical sciences
· Proven knowledge and understanding of biophysical characterisation of molecules, especially using spectrographic techniques and ideally using Circular Dichroism and/or Stopped Flow.
· Successful track record selling scientific instruments in the US
· Minimum of 3 years experience of selling life science or analytical instruments.
· Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
· Strong outgoing, interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and project themself.
· Demonstrably strong commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction.
· Ability to effectively work on and manage many projects and priorities at one time.
· Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and the Internet.
· An approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
· Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed.
· Current, clean driving licence
· Fluency in written and spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
· Minimum of 3 years appropriate lab experience (preferably but not essentially in industry)
· Strong commercial acumen
· Proven skills in building relationships with users, decision makers etc
· Excellent people management skills
· Excellent communicator with laser sharp customer focus.
· Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
· Tenacious, self starting approach – comfortable with deadlines
· Trustworthy and reliable
· The ability to effectively communicate with other people to resolve work issues.
· Previous experience in giving oral presentations and training commercial teams.
· Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally.
· Knowledge of other languages would be desirable.
· Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
· Up to one month initial training on the Applied Photophysics product line.
· Training on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
· Health & Safety Training, as required
· Induction to include an in depth introduction to the current business including the current sales and marketing plans
· The ability to travel regularly up to 60% of the time.
How Performance will be measured and evaluated:
· Quarterly & Annual Sales & Costs versus Budget.
· Conversion of leads to opportunities to sales
· Achievement of quarterly objectives
· Quality and quantity of customer information in the CRM database
· Customer feedback on seminars and exhibitions.
· Customer satisfaction surveys.
· Contributions to the sales team and overall operations.
· The support to and working with other departments
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to:
Please ensure the email subject is 'Application for Territory Sales Manager'.
We realise that success is all about our people. At Applied Photophysics we take your career growth and personal development as seriously as your contributions to the development and growth of our company. Our mission is to deliver high quality, high performance solutions and world-class support to the scientific research and biopharmaceutical development communities. We count on a group of highly talented people who are the best at what they do. At Applied Photophysics we value diversity, we value ideas, we value innovation, and we value you.
Our commitment to you:
- opportunities to learn and develop in your job
- managers who will support you and help you to give 100%
- join a dynamic, experienced and dedicated workforce
- fair pay and benefits to reward you for your contribution