This policy explains how Applied Photophysics Limited (“we”, “our”, or “us”) processes the information we collect from you or that you give to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.photophysics.com (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The Data Protection Act 1998
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, Applied Photophysics Limited is registered as a data controller under registration number Z569135X.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following information:
1. Information you give us by filling in forms submitted on the Website or by corresponding with us by email. The information you give us will include personal data such as your name, address, and email address.
2. Information we collect about you in respect of your use of the Website, including:
a. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, and time zone setting; and
b. information about your visit, including page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages.Such information does not contain any of your personal data.
What will the information be used for?
The information you give to us will be used, at your request, to keep you informed of relevant information including news updates and products from Applied Photophysics Limited.
You can select not to receive further correspondence from us by contacting us by email at email@example.com, by unsubscribing from our mailing list, or by writing to Applied Photophysics Limited, Unit 21, Mole Business Park, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7BA, UK.
The information we collect about you will be used to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, agents and distributors for the performance of any contract to which we are a party.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
2. if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
3. if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets;
4. if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
Where do we store your personal data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, agents or distributors.
What happens when I link to another website?
We do not pass on any personal information you have given us to any other website.
Access to your information and contacting us
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Applied Photophysics Limited seeks to ensure that all information on the Website is accurate and truthful. Should you discover an anomaly, please contact us, citing the hyperlink to the relevant webpage, the details of the problem and your contact information. We shall seek to rectify the anomaly promptly.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Last updated: June 2017