The SX sequential- (or double-) mixing accessory is specifically designed to study the reactivity of intermediate and transient species. Asymmetric double mixing experiments are also fully supported to study, for example, protein folding/unfolding reactions.
- Functions across the full range of SX detection modes
- Full information with each experiment: drive profiles, calculated age time, drive volume per syringe, measurement of dead-time.
- Aging times reproducible to within 1ms
- No hardware reconfiguration when switching between short and long aging times
- Enter the required aging time through the software in the range 14ms to 1000s
This accessory equips the sample handling unit with two drive rams (and 4 syringes). The first drive mixes two reagents (A and B) into an aging loop and, after a user defined aging period, a second drive mixes the aged solution with a third reagent (C) in the stopped-flow cell.
Fluorescence polarization/anisotropy can provide information about changes in the mobility and environment of a fluorophore when it interacts with other molecules. Excitation of a fluorophore with plane polarized light results in the preferential excitation of molecules with their absorption moments orientated parallel to the plane of polarization.
- Easy to fit, dual channel T-format fluorescence polarimeter with a movable calcite input polarizer and DPUV sheet collection polarizer
- Control G-factor determination from the software
- Acquire kinetic and spectral data in polarization, anisotropy, total emission and raw data (parallel and perpendicular) modes
- Full post-acquisition conversion possible between data modes
- Filter holders built into collection pieces to reduce scattered light
- Filter holder built into excitation assembly, for additional flexibility with respect to wavelength selection and rejection
- Straightforward set-up - no optimization required
- Robust construction ensures consistent polariser alignment
- Compatible with standard Xe and LED light sources
- Requires pre-installation of SX Dual Fluorescence Detection (included as standard in recent systems)
The SX Dual Fluorescence Detection Device comprises an additional detection channel, fluorescence detector and cable to enable simultaneous fluorescence detection at two emission wavelengths. Both detectors are mounted directly onto the cell-block. Alternatively, to allow selection of the emission wavelength directly from the control software. one of the fluorescence detectors can be mounted on a second emission monochromator if the system is fitted with the SX Scanning Emission Monochromator.
- Simple mounting to the sample handling unit cell block/emission mono
- No need for hardware reconfiguration while switching back to single channel mode
- Variety of cut-off and interference filters available
- Possibility to use in tandem with SX SEM accessory for emission spectra recording
SX Scanning Emission Monochromator
Automated acquisition of equilibrium and
time-resolved fluorescence spectra
As a second programmable monochromator, the SX Scanning Emission Monochromator enables automated acquisition of equilibrium and time-resolved fluorescence spectra.
The standard fluorescence configuration, with the fluorescence detector mounted directly onto the cell-block, has exceptional sensitivity, using a cut-off filter to block scattered light of the excitation wavelength such that only the fluorescence emission signal is detected. Experimental capabilities are extended by addition of a second programmable monochromator to enable selection of the detected emission wavelength from the control software.
- Exceptional sensitivity
- Filters out all except fluorescence emission signal
- Automated acquisition of time-resolved emission spectra
- Acquisition of steady-state emission spectra