Applied Photophysics is a company with a prestigious legacy and has been supporting scientists for over 50 years.
The laboratory standard circular dichroism instrument
Suitable for studying chiral molecules of all types and sizes, this Chirascan CD spectrometer has featured in thousands of publications since its introduction in 2005. Often used to analyze biomolecules, Chirascan data contributes to a deeper understanding of biomolecular characteristics, mechanisms and interactions.
More than α-helix and β sheet -
determine structural and thermodynamic properties
- Gain insight and detect changes in secondary and tertiary structure
- Determine response to thermal or chemical change
- Study folding and unfolding mechanisms
- Expand capabilities with dedicated
Features and accessories
Chirascan systems are supplied with the features and accessories required for acquisition of high quality data from ‘day one’.
- Removes common gas impurities
- Regulates purge gas consumption
- Up-time recorded
- Produces horizontally, linearly polarized monochromatic light
- Dual polarizing prisms maximize light throughput
- Converts horizontally polarized light to circularly polarized light. Alternates between left- and right-handed circular polarized light
- Consistent analytical conditions
- Continuous temperature ramps (single sample mode)
- Dissipates heat from sample chamber and sample storage Peltiers
- Selected for far- and near-UV CD analysis of biomolecules (single sample mode)
Control and analysis software
- Easily defined run parameters and store routine protocols
- Saves time with scheduled start-up/shutdown of lamp and N2 supply
- Fail-safe lamp switch-off if N2 flow drops
- Ensures O2-free conditions with N2 purge
- Recognizes flow cell to select optimal run/wash/dry protocol
Find the best product for you!